Notices

skunk2 intake manifold

Old 10-16-2003, 09:38 AM
qtiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You didn't make a mistake if you plan on fully modding your motor in the near future.

Honda gasket :thumbup: Hondata washers :down: Installation :down:
Old 10-16-2003, 09:48 AM
blazinxracer

like by the time that u make and install this you should have like the basic bases covered
such as the I/H/E cams are also nice etc. etc just so that its not bone stock when u put it on. if i were u i would keep it and hol off on puttin it on just yet.
but that my .o2
Old 10-17-2003, 01:30 PM
pythonscott
Nurburgring junkie

Default Re: skunk2 manifold

Originally posted by apathy23
Regarding the opinion that I shouldn't use it on a stock engine, do you think I made a mistake on this purchase? Should I resell this part, or do you just mean that if I install it, it won't help very much?
Like others have said, it depends on how far you plan on going with the mods on your car. The stock GSR IM and cams all work together to give a good powerband about 2/3 of the way to redline. But the stock GSR dual runner manifold won't flow well enough to have great power in the upper 3rd or rpm like the type R does. That's why the R has the sinlgle runner manifold, b/c it has the best flow in the upper rpm's. The other key is that the R has a cam that's power band is located where the peak flow of the IM is. Since, for the most part, the Skunk2 manifold is a copy of the R IM, to really get gains I'd reccomend you use at least civic or integra type R camshafts. If I'm not mistaken, using the Skunk2 IM with the stock cams will cause a dip in the torque curve... one bad enough to feel in everyday driving