Notices

Coilovers for 50 dollars?

Old 10-13-2003, 06:38 PM
forum95
I'm Cooler than You

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Kai
The cheap coilovers really are a piece of proverbial shit compaired to good springs or good coilovers. Don't waste your money, who knows what quality the sleeves are or what rate the springs are. Stick with a company that has already proven itself, like Ground Control, Skunk2 (formerly Skunkworks,) Eibach, Neuspeed, etc.
you forgot H&R :exnbp:
Old 10-13-2003, 07:50 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally posted by forum95
you forgot H&R :exnbp:
etc. = H&R and "friends" :fawk:
Old 10-13-2003, 10:14 PM
forum95
I'm Cooler than You

Old 10-13-2003, 10:38 PM
MrJasey

i have skunkworks with tokico blues on my DB2 and my brother has some ebay drop zones on his del sol with some gr-2. his bounces like a mofo and mine rides pretty good.

spend more money on a better set up and it will ride nicer. my set up isnt the best, but everytime i get in my brother's car i laugh at him..not to mention have my neck snapped in half from running over even an acorn
Old 10-14-2003, 03:42 AM
infamous1se619

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by infamous1se619
Just because its 50 dollars dosnt mean its rice. ive expirienced those 50 dollar coil over sleeves. they were still good to a even after i took them off after a year. the only problem i had with them is that it froze up to a certain point so i couldnt adjust my ride height.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umm.... hence,

quote:
Originally posted by 96GreenCivic
As everyone says, you get what you pay for.

ive read stories and seen a couple of Tien's, the tru coil over kits, for sale that have froze in the exact same way. for the price, yes the teins are way more quality made but all render to wear and tear over time.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:58 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

ive read stories and seen a couple of Tien's, the tru coil over kits, for sale that have froze in the exact same way. for the price, yes the teins are way more quality made but all render to wear and tear over time.
It's called user error. I've had my Skunkworks coilovers (not Skunk2) for over 3 years and have had no problem with them. My friend that has a set of teins and he doesn't have problems with his either.

His ride is better than mine because his coilovers were specifically meant for his car. I have no complaints with my set up, but I know that his is better.

So it's not about the sleeves sticking and whatnot, if you want good ride quality and great handling characteristics, you get what you pay for.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:54 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

This is preposterous. $50 coilovers are pieces of shit.

You guys who are comparing the ride to GCs are probably running on stock shocks which regardless of what coilover you have, are not going to ride well.

Go ahead and ghetto rig your shit. If you just want it to look "tiiite y0!" and don't care about things like having a part that is quality and actually helps your car perform better then fine. But don't come on here talking about how a $50 piece of shit coilover sleeve is in fact something other than a piece of shit.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:44 PM
infamous1se619

Originally posted by randomtask77
It's called user error. I've had my Skunkworks coilovers (not Skunk2) for over 3 years and have had no problem with them. My friend that has a set of teins and he doesn't have problems with his either.

His ride is better than mine because his coilovers were specifically meant for his car. I have no complaints with my set up, but I know that his is better.

So it's not about the sleeves sticking and whatnot, if you want good ride quality and great handling characteristics, you get what you pay for.
User error? wat do u mean? can u drive on them wrong? bottom line; my friend has his 94 teg dropped on tiens that froze and i got my 50 dollar coil overs dropped on my 95. i feel no difference in handling sharp turns, taking dips, dodging pot holes, or hitting speed bumps. and i drove his car for quite awhile for my daily driver b4 i had my car. in the end we both ended up with some coilovers that were froze period. the only difference now is the freakin price he paid for his and the price i paid for mines.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

You can't feel the difference between Tein full coilovers and cheap $50 coilover sleeves? You must really suck at driving.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:58 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

User error? wat do u mean? can u drive on them wrong?
They can be installed wrong.

Teins have adjustable shocks that require dialing in to drive ideally.

What shocks are you running with your piece of shit $50 coilovers? Stock? If you can't feel the difference then you deserve your $50 pieces of shit.