Notices

dealerhip's emblem

Old 07-11-2003, 02:32 PM
tennis32828

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealerhip's emblem

hi, i dont know if this has been discussed, but my aunt just picked up her new 2003 civic lx and I noticed that the dealership have DRILLED their dealership placard on the front bumper of the car. I understand that the front bumper of the car is shaped so that a placard can be "attached" on, but should they not asked my aunt before they did this. Am I just fired up for nothing? I know it is too late to do anything but complain to them but was just wondering if anybody else had the same thing happen to them and is upset about it.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:55 PM
95DXPhiladeph

Default Re: dealerhip's emblem

Originally posted by tennis32828
hi, i dont know if this has been discussed, but my aunt just picked up her new 2003 civic lx and I noticed that the dealership have DRILLED their dealership placard on the front bumper of the car. I understand that the front bumper of the car is shaped so that a placard can be "attached" on, but should they not asked my aunt before they did this. Am I just fired up for nothing? I know it is too late to do anything but complain to them but was just wondering if anybody else had the same thing happen to them and is upset about it.
this is common for dealers to do this... usually they just attatch them without drilling... my dad owns a ford dealership and thats what they do, however a few dealers drill it in to permanetly get them some free promotion, and figure most people aren't trying to hook up there car, they're just gonna drive it as is... they sell it to you as is also, so most of the time there's nothing that you can do about it except pay a body shop like 200 bucks to fill and paint the holes. stupid dealers dont realize that not EVERYONE just leaves their car the same and drives it, alot of people hook it up first... but most of them cover it by law and say that when you bought the car you agreed to buy it AS IS off of their lot.

personally, i'd go up wired with TNT until they gave me a new ****in car...
Old 07-11-2003, 09:41 PM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

if you're buying a new car, make them write into the contract that there will be no dealership emblems.

It requires forethought, but it's the best way to get it done.

-PHiZ
Old 07-14-2003, 05:35 AM
civic924dr

everytime i have bought a car from a dealership, wether it be as is or with a warranty, i always let them know i didnt want the dealership emblem or license plate frame. if it was already on there, i made them take it off and clean that area. if im buying the damn car, i want it w/o their ****in name plastered all over it.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:44 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

That was the first "mod" done to my car. Out there with a fricken hair dryer and dental floss. That SUCKS that they drill it.. ugh... I'd ask for a new bumper. LOL.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:55 AM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

Your dad owns a ford dealership and you drive a 95' DX? A friend of mine just bought a new Tahoe Limited last year and they drilled it and put the name plate on their and he made them take it off and cover the holes. The salesman was giving him shit about it but he put his foot down and they put in their bodyshop and covered the holes before he picked it up. They were'nt about to lose the sale over it. BTW his Tahoe now sits on 22's and has an audio video system that's sweet as hell. He sold his 300ZX TT to get it because he had a daughter.
Old 07-14-2003, 07:14 AM
Ferio Man

Originally posted by PHiZ
if you're buying a new car, make them write into the contract that there will be no dealership emblems.

It requires forethought, but it's the best way to get it done.

-PHiZ
Old 07-14-2003, 07:47 AM
Jessica
ch1x0r

my dealership only put a sticker on my car, but i got rid of that when i got in my accident. my whole trunk had to be replaced, so bye bye sticker!
Old 07-14-2003, 09:07 AM
Section8Blammo
Crazy Canoodler

My fried has an 84 GTI where they drilled into his hatch to attach a little dealer emblem. My personal fav is the dealers affixing window banners on new cars.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:33 AM
firebane

Yeah mine is just a sticker on my trunk.. but my trunk lid is being replaced too.. bye bye all stickers! even the ugly CIVIC LX