Notices

question about coolant line

Old 04-13-2004, 04:24 PM
A_D
Reset?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about coolant line

on my f22b2, there is a hose that comes off of the block right where the thermostat is, it carries coolant into the throttle body. this coolant warms the air up in the throttle body, which warms up the block even faster (on cold starts). i think the line comes out of the manifold and then it goes back into the block via a hose from the mani to the valve cover?
did i trace this path correctly? i have a pic attatched circiling the hose i'm talking about
if so, i'm going to bypass the whole throttlebody line thing, and just run it back into the block.

if somone could verify this it would be appreciated
i've heard of doing this "mod" and apparently people have reported up to 8 horses at the wheels by just this mod.
the only reason that whole system is there is for people who have their cars in really cold weather.
so its kind of pointless and robbing me of horsepower if i dont nessicarily need it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
untitled.JPG (78.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 04-13-2004, 05:16 PM
H22accordR
H22accordr

Originally Posted by A_D
on my f22b2, there is a hose that comes off of the block right where the thermostat is, it carries coolant into the throttle body. this coolant warms the air up in the throttle body, which warms up the block even faster (on cold starts). i think the line comes out of the manifold and then it goes back into the block via a hose from the mani to the valve cover?
did i trace this path correctly? i have a pic attatched circiling the hose i'm talking about
if so, i'm going to bypass the whole throttlebody line thing, and just run it back into the block.

if somone could verify this it would be appreciated
i've heard of doing this "mod" and apparently people have reported up to 8 horses at the wheels by just this mod.
the only reason that whole system is there is for people who have their cars in really cold weather.
so its kind of pointless and robbing me of horsepower if i dont nessicarily need it.
That line you cricled is actually the line from the pcv (positive crankcase ventilation) valve i dont reccomend removing that. if your pcv valce goes out you car runs like shit
Old 04-14-2004, 09:58 AM
mohamed_ibrah
Tech in Training

Originally Posted by H22accordR
That line you cricled is actually the line from the pcv (positive crankcase ventilation) valve i dont reccomend removing that. if your pcv valce goes out you car runs like shit
I second that, DON'T remove that line or the valve.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:03 PM
A_D
Reset?

ok
so where does the coolant run back into the block from the throttle body?
Old 04-15-2004, 06:59 AM
mohamed_ibrah
Tech in Training

Originally Posted by A_D
ok
so where does the coolant run back into the block from the throttle body?
Here, this diagram might help you out, from Hondaautomotiveparts.com, look at the right side of the TB, that top line appears to be the inlet (#6) while the outlet looks to be on the bottom of the bore of the TB (#5). I'd have to see it in person to confirm, but it's a starting point.