Notices

Honda Fit Base vs. Sport

Old 06-02-2006, 11:31 AM
alexmar23
SuperLude23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Fit Base vs. Sport

Just wondering if anybody has any good info on the big differences between the sport and the base model? Im not too big on the ground effect look so i might side on the base model for that..but is there any other big differences that would make the sport worth the extra money? Im thinking of helping my girlfreind get one, over a Yaris..

Im thinking base model with an all power option..hopefully this can spark up a good discussion.

Thanks for your input in advance.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:39 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

that's easy

just go to automobiles.honda.com and look up the fit. you can look at spec sheets, yet even better go to a dealer and get a brochure and drive one

the 4 people i know who were choosing between the caliber and the yaris bought the fit the first time they drove it...said it made all the others seem cheap and flimsy
Old 06-03-2006, 01:00 PM
alexmar23
SuperLude23

yeah your right, i called some dealers here in my area, and noone has the fit. they are all sold out. and as soon as more come in they sell out almost on the spot. hopefully some time this year i can test one out
Old 06-03-2006, 01:08 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

You'd be more likely to drive one if you put a deposite down on one, which you probably don't want to do, but then again you might find one you can drive.

I'm sure all of the other sub-compacts are much more cheaply made and manufactured but I like the size and wieght of the Yaris more than the Fit and the fact that it would blow right by the Fit in most cases. But if quality and fuel economy are what you're after then I say choose the Honda.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:06 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by bluetwo
I'm sure all of the other sub-compacts are much more cheaply made and manufactured but I like the size and wieght of the Yaris more than the Fit and the fact that it would blow right by the Fit in most cases. But if quality and fuel economy are what you're after then I say choose the Honda.
what do you mean blow right by?...the Fit is the sports car of the subcompacts especially compared to the Yaris...some striking statistic is the Fit can go through C&Ds lane change manuever 6mph faster...it is also faster in acceleration than the Yaris

go read the Fit Info thread as it has the C&D article in there
Old 06-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Originally Posted by bluetwo
You'd be more likely to drive one if you put a deposite down on one, which you probably don't want to do, but then again you might find one you can drive.

The Fit is definitely the better handling and more fun of the three. As jaje said, the Fit is also the fastest of the group. Add on to that, the base Fit comes with standard features (eg power windows/locks) that the Yaris does not...you have to pay extra for those options on the Yaris.

And I hate that center console speedometer thing.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:37 PM
alexmar23
SuperLude23

I agree, that the fit is way better then any car in its class. I have seen both the fit and yaris in person, I just never drove either. The Yaris looks cheap compared to the fit.

You didnt hear this from me though..i might never drive one now
Old 06-14-2006, 12:44 PM
headknocker

Originally Posted by jaje
what do you mean blow right by?...the Fit is the sports car of the subcompacts especially compared to the Yaris...some striking statistic is the Fit can go through C&Ds lane change manuever 6mph faster...it is also faster in acceleration than the Yaris

go read the Fit Info thread as it has the C&D article in there
Yup, the C&D guys said the Fit won that comparo in a romp. The Yaris finished WAAAY below.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:40 PM
videcormeum

Default Fit Sport Auto

How quick is the Fit Sport w/ 5-speed auto to 60mph?

I've heard both "under 10" and "close to 12" seconds from two different sources.

Anyone have something conclusive on that?

M.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:43 PM
DakarM

Originally Posted by videcormeum
How quick is the Fit Sport w/ 5-speed auto to 60mph?

I've heard both "under 10" and "close to 12" seconds from two different sources.

Anyone have something conclusive on that?

M.

about 11seconds. under 10 is the manual time
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.