Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

89 EF, LS swapped, No compression only after sitting 2 months? Ran when parked.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:17 PM
hondamagna84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 EF, LS swapped, No compression only after sitting 2 months? Ran when parked.

Hello, I rebuilt my B18A last year and ran it for 13,000 miles flawlessly. Exhaust ports are ported, Intake manifold is ported and gasket matched, 12lb flywheel, 7 lb crank pulley, with only an Intake, stock exhaust and stock ecu. It has been parked and not started for 2 months. When I parked it at the end of august it ran fine started right up every time, never overheated, never let me sit, and purred like a kitten. Now it seems like there isn't any compression, when I crank it sounds like the whining with maybe compression on one cylinder doesn't even try to fire. So I thought my battery voltage was low and jumped it with my girlfriends car, let it charge for 15 min. It cranked a little faster but not much, and still sounded like the whining and the ka chug on maybe one cylinder. The battery is one year old and It cranked it fine even without jumping it. Just sounds like no compression, like the timing is off, or the valves are stuck open. I have let it set for 8 months before and started fine before. Cant figure out what could be different. Any Ideas before I start to tear into it?
Old 11-16-2012, 08:56 AM
joyee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indeed this is helpful info...
Read and expose the info which you have to need for...

Last edited by joyee; 11-21-2012 at 06:39 AM.