Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

'91 CRX project

Old 07-25-2003, 10:33 AM
Gillius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '91 CRX project

I have a '91 CRX and I'm looking to drop a b18c5 into it. The old motor died just under 200,000 miles, but I'm not ready to send the car off to the scrap heap. This will be my attempt at a hybrid swap, and I was wondering what I will need to do to get teh job done. I know the motor mounts need to move, and I have to change all the linkages, drive shafts ect. ect. . I was just hoping to get some advice, maybe a few tips to help things move along smoothly. ANY advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-09-2003, 11:20 AM
egzivic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What model CRX is it? If it is an DX or SI it can be done. If it is an HF I think you are going to have more issues than it is worth, like wheel hubs and suspension. The best route is get Hasport mounts. They require no welding and even if they cost a bit more it will be worth it in the long run. Hasport also has linkage available to make things easy. The electrical isn't has difficult as people make it out to be. If you have questions PM me and I will help.