Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

1994 Legend LS 3.2 timing Belt Blues

Old 07-11-2003, 01:51 AM
cjazzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Legend LS 3.2 timing Belt Blues

My running well car with 166,000 miles needed the timeing belt changed due to I just bought it 4 months ago. SO I and my mechanic friend decided to change it and set the timing according to Chiltons repair manual. After turning it over 6 or 7 times (maybe more)..it won't start. We ended up taking it to a Acura dealer who showed us that our timing set by Chilton's manual was wrong. We compared books; Chilton's vs Acura's shop manual..and shure enough..IT WAS!!!

The dealer will adj the timing right and try and start it. They say we might have bent some values. SO, should I keep my fringers crossed and hope for the best since it never stopped on the road at a high speeds..and the only real turning of the engine was from the atempts to start the car?

Should I get some type of recourse from CHilton since thier manual was Wrong, therefore causing the problem or maybe a bigger problem!!!

help!!!!
Old 07-11-2003, 05:19 AM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can write to the publishers of Chiltons, but good luck getting any kind of money out of them. They'll probably give you some fancy legal runaround about how they're not responsible for typos or something.
But by all means, try. Maybe they'll totally reimburse you...