Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

What can I put in my Accord.

Old 07-05-2003, 08:23 PM
turtle313

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can I put in my Accord.

I am looking to replace the motor in my 96 Accord. I think it has the F22B2 motor in it now. What other motors can I put in it without having to change to much other stuff. It's a manual transmission.

thanks in advance.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:47 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, the most common method for the 5th Gen (94-97) accord is to drop in a H22 (prelude). It's basically a drop in since you don't need to modify the engine bay to make it fits. It's big enough (2.0L) to drive an Accord with 4 people without being push really hard. Plus, it has more potential to what you can do to it.

Others may think of the F20 series which is the Type R Accord. However, regarding the prices, it'll be much more epensive than a H22.

an early JDM model H22A can runs you somewhere 1500-2500 for a complete motor, tranny, ecu, etc.

the USDM version H22A1 (<96) is about the same price or slightly cheaper than the JDM version

The new USDM H22A4 (97+) will be around 2300+

I have the JDM version. For your car, I think it's OBD II, though your best bet is to swap using the H22A4 because you don't need to do the conversion. And everyone said that the law requires to swap an engine the same year or newer due to emission check or whatever.

I think my 94 Accord is OBD I that's why I was able to use the Early JDM model.