Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Best place to send and engine for rebuild?

Old 06-25-2003, 05:43 AM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to send and engine for rebuild?

Okay, so I'm rebuilding my old D16Z6 for small turbo duty and later I will have the block sleeved, etc. So, where would be a good place to have the motor rebuilt with just rods and pistons? I prefer someplace in Texas but i have been doing some research and I have not found much. I know a guy that wants to rebuild it to get the experience but he runs a rotory shop so I'm not sure I want my motor to be his first honda rebuild. From what I know he is the local got of RX7's but I'm still not sure. If he's good at building rotory's do you thing he'll still be good at building a Honda motor? The concep[ts are a lot difference but then I'm thinking a motors, a motor. I really just need soemone to do the work I cannot, such as installing the rods and pistons and the machine work. The install and everything else will be done by me. I plan on putting this in a 5th gen hatch or slapping the B16A from my civic into my CRX and putting this motor back in my civic. Any input would be appreciated. I have about $2,200.00 to work with at the moment.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:33 AM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yah most machine shops do pretty good work, if ur friends shop has the necessary tools to get the job done id say go for it, just make sure u get the parts u want going in there and im sure u can go into the shop and watch get a little hands on experience working on the engine.