Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

B18c injector Question

Old 05-29-2003, 03:43 PM
undrgrndhaqer
Mr. EG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18c injector Question

I was just curious if there was a way to check your injectors to see if they are bad. I have had a fuel problem for awhile and was wondering if maybe my injectors are fouled and are dumping excess gas into the motor. So, what way is there to check for this? Also, I have heard that as a fail safe system, the ecu will dump excess fuel into the motor if something is reading wrong. I have a 95 GSR, and was wondering if that could be my fuel problem. What should I check for and how. Thanks a bunch to all who help

Undrgrndhaqer
Old 05-29-2003, 07:44 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Do you have any check engine lights? If your car is running excessively rich the oxygen sensor will detect it and the ECU will let you know about it.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:29 PM
undrgrndhaqer
Mr. EG

engine codes have been checked. Nothing has came up a code honda or acura uses. I know my o2 sensor is shot because of the fuel issue. I don't think that the o2 is causing the fuel problem though because it is running extremely rich.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:37 PM
XSrcing

pull the fuel rail with the injectors connected and crank the engine over. the injectors should only have a fine mist coming out of them, if they drip at all they are bad. plus, make sure you keep the injectors close to the intake manifold and make sure no sparks are near. plus, if you can get an adjustable timing light, it makes it much easier to see.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:15 AM
undrgrndhaqer
Mr. EG

thnx, ill have to try that. Only thing is that my motor is in pieces right now because i am replacing some more parts, like the vtec solenoid gasket but i have to wait for the part to come in. Is there any other way without starting the motor to tell? I will try that method if it is the only means possible.
Thnx for the help
Old 05-30-2003, 09:12 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Another way... This is safer anyway, since you aren't going to have the engine spinning & no spark.

Jumper the main relay to make the fuel pump run. Then make up a jumper to supply 12v to the injector itself. Spray into a glass jar or something so you can watch the spray. You could even measure the flowrate with a stopwatch and a measuring cup.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:03 AM
undrgrndhaqer
Mr. EG

Thanks, sounds even better