Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

my car overheated, plz help

Old 07-03-2002, 06:28 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default my car overheated, plz help

Okay, earlier today, I went on a lil road trip to the fireworks store, which was about 30 miles away on the freeway. After I got off the freeway a few miles from my home on the way back, I noticed that the engine thermostat was almost in the red zone. I pulled over and popped the hood, and the damn radiator hose bursted open and coolant was splattered all over the inside of my engine bay. I duck taped the radiator hose and poured water into the radiator. It cooled down for hour or so, so I decided to just drive it back home. I tried to start the engine up, and it wouldn't start. It cranks good but it just wont fire. I tried starter fluid but that did nothing. Anybody have any tips or suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated .

-brtecson
Old 07-03-2002, 06:54 PM
jdblack1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It may have gotten some coolant inside the dist. cap. Remove the cap and check it.
Old 07-04-2002, 07:59 AM
brtecson
pukimonster

good idea, i'll try that out tomorrow. quick q': I just need a flathead screwdriver, right? I gotta make sure before i go up there tomorrow cause I gotta ride my bike all the way up there and I just want to be sure before I leave. thanx
Old 07-04-2002, 08:22 AM
Chiovnidca
SOHC Powered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by brtecson
good idea, i'll try that out tomorrow. quick q': I just need a flathead screwdriver, right? I gotta make sure before i go up there tomorrow cause I gotta ride my bike all the way up there and I just want to be sure before I leave. thanx
7mm, 8mm or philips.
Old 07-06-2002, 04:47 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

well, i got so pissed off that i just sold the car for 600 bucks to a friend. I know i coulda got more out of it, but i bought it for 500 anyways, and i only bought pads/rotors/4 qts oil/penzoil filter/ngk copper plugs. So I came out about even. He's giving me back my wheels (bbs rc5's/ toyo t1s) and my exhaust (tanabe muffler). He's swapping a zc in there. Man, that engine lasted a eternity- 306k mi. Not km, mi. Well, it was fun being a honda owner. Getting a 240 sx after the winter