Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

waddup i got a question here

Old 03-22-2011, 10:35 PM
1994ex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default waddup i got a question here

im new to this....
but my check engine light came on my 1994 civic EX....i did the jumper wire thing got the codes 15 and 17....but the srs light flashes as well is that a code?
is this the right place to be asking this???...lol
Old 03-23-2011, 05:17 PM
slickmechanical

The engine light and the SRS light are unrelated. The only thing that will turn an engine light on is something that will affect the emissions of the vehicle by 30% or more. This will include but not be limited to raw fuel vapor (evap), catalyst failure, misfires, over fuelling etc.

Code 15=Ignition output signal
Code 17=Vehicle speed sensor

There are only a few components of your SRS system, so there's not much to check. A common part to fail is the clockspring which is a wound wire in the steering wheel behind the airbag (it's not actually a spring). Check to see if your turn signals and horn work because these items sometimes are powered through the clockspring as well. There are also crash sensors on the front of the vehicle and if any of these have had a fault, they may turn that light on.
The SRS light being on is not really a serious thing per se, it just means that the airbag will not deploy in a crash.
There is a seperate list of codes for the SRS which is why it flashes also.

here is a link I just found for the SRS code:
http://codes.rennacs.com/FaultCodes....e=HONDA-SRS-04

just type the code in the box on the left and press enter to get a description. good luck

Last edited by slickmechanical; 03-23-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:03 PM
1994ex

thanks man...that was really helpful