Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

civic gsr wap

Old 10-28-2010, 09:28 PM
93_dx_hatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic gsr wap

I may or may not be in the right place but I have searched this site for a while now and couldnt find a straight answer. With this being the engine swap section, I thought this would be a good place to post.

I have a 93 dx civic and want to swap in a 96 gsr b18c. The integra is an entire parts car, so I think I have everything. How much of the original integra wiring do I need? What all do I have to wire in myself, if anything? If I do have to wire things in...how do I go about this? Which mounts do I use - civic or integra?

Any help would be much appreciated. Or, if I am in the wrong section, directing me towards the proper place would also be appreciated

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2010, 02:12 AM
Spec R

man its been a while since i've helped on a swap, but i do know that you cannot use the civic engine mounts.

you'll be using any wiring that touches that gsr motor and its ecu. i forgot what to do about the underdash wiring when it comes to using an OBD2 engine in a OBD1 civic.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:43 PM
93_dx_hatch

So would it be best to get a jumper harness (obd1-obd2) and then wire vtec, knock sensor, etc from the dx shock tower to the jumper harness? Or would an obd1 gsr ecu work with the obd2 engine setup? I've done so much research with the vtec wiring and whatnots that my brain is fried o.O
Old 01-10-2011, 06:06 PM
93_dx_hatch

Originally Posted by aubreya94
With this being the engine swap section, I thought this would be a good place to post.
I have a 93 dx civic and want to swap in a 96 gsr b18c. The integra is an entire parts car, so I think I have everything.
Wow! You're amazing at re-phrasing. Can I get your autograph? I mean...really. You're good! How could anyone have gathered what I was asking without this?! I mean...wow. You're a f*cking genius. My life is now easier that you've done this! Thanks!