Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

N/A Fuel Management Q?

Old 04-05-2003, 01:47 PM
CivOnDubs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N/A Fuel Management Q?

I am going to be running a 95 OBD1 GSR motor.

I am dropping it in a 94 CX Hatch.

I have a gs-r fuel pump.
Skunk2 stage 2 cams, with adj. cam gears and JUN springs/retainers.

I was curious as far as the best route for fuel management would be. It was suggested to get a certain combo of these: bigger injectors, hondata, Fuel pressure regulator, V-AFC, or ECU chip.

I don't think I can afford all of these items, however, as far as I could tell the best combo would be a Hondata, and Fuel Pressure Regulator........what is the best combo for these cams and tuning????
Old 04-05-2003, 03:54 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with Hondata and have that tuned, if you find you're maxing out your stock injectors, then upgrade them.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:16 PM
wadzii
fear the dark side

you shouldnt be maxing out the injectors with just the skunk2 cams. if you want to tune it yourself then id go with aem ems, if you have no intentions of tuning yourself save the $$ and get hondata. you will not be able to get the most out of your engine w/o a standalone
Old 04-07-2003, 09:20 PM
CivOnDubs

how is hondata not enough? I heard it was best second to $1000 fuel management system by AEM. I think hondata is more than enough ???
Old 04-07-2003, 10:19 PM
drift
Flaccid Member

Originally posted by wadzii
you will not be able to get the most out of your engine w/o a standalone

hondata is a standalone system. it only uses the oem ecm to basically connect the wiring.

once the Hondata ecm is installed, it takes over 100% from the stock ecm's chip.

and since it's allowing for new values to be programmed, instead of simply altering stock values like a VAFC, it is therefore a standalone ecu.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:54 AM
wadzii
fear the dark side

Originally posted by drift
hondata is a standalone system. it only uses the oem ecm to basically connect the wiring.

once the Hondata ecm is installed, it takes over 100% from the stock ecm's chip.

and since it's allowing for new values to be programmed, instead of simply altering stock values like a VAFC, it is therefore a standalone ecu.

i know this....... i have used both hondata and the aem ems on several cars. when i said standalone i meant either hondata or ems. personally i prefer the ems to the hondata. automapping, the ability to tune while driving around, throttle/load based vtec enguagement, the ems also has seperate maps that can be used for vtec, many people dont know about this.

hondata has too many pieces that HAVE to work together flawlessly for it to work right, too many point to break.