Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

EG to B18b swap AND auto to 5 speed swap. HELP?!

Old 02-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Rsporty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG to B18b swap AND auto to 5 speed swap. HELP?!

My poor lil automatic D15 is dead. I got a good deal on a B18 and a 5 speed and want to do the swap AND keep my a/c.

BUT, I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME!

I was recently laid off and need work, BAD! I have an opportunity for a great paying job IF I have reliable transportation to travel all over the south east. I have about 2 weeks to get this car on the road, or I'm gonna miss this job. I already sold the D15 to get a little money for the swap AND bought the swap (before I was laid off), so rebuilding the D15 to save money is not an option.

PLEASE, don't give me a hard time about researching, guys I have been, and will continue to, while waiting on answers to this thread. I have found info, but nothing specific to swapping the B18 AND 5 speed into an EG that CAME WITH an automatic.
I'd REALLY appreciate all the info, advice and links I can get!

My car-
-1993 Civic DX hatch that came with an automatic and a/c.

Motor/Transmission-
-1999 Integra LS B18 motor, complete and freshly rebuilt
-2000 or 2001 Integra LS 5 speed transmission
-Motor and trans were recently pulled from an EG hatch (but, it had a 5 speed, originally), so everything that needed to be done to these or their attached components has been done.

Already have-
-EG 5 speed to B18 5 speed motor and transmission mounts
-Shift linkages
-Manual pedal set, I think from a Civic

Also-
-I also have a wrecked 1995 Acura Integra LS automatic, complete with engine, trans, a/c, axles, ECU, etc. that I can pull any parts I need from.

Please help!
Again, I'm running out of time and I'm desperate!

Any little bit you can offer will be GREATLY appreciated!
Thank you, in advance, for your time and help!
Old 02-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazon.com: Honda Engine Swaps (S-A Design) (0601784000936): Aaron Bonk: Books Amazon.com: Honda Engine Swaps (S-A Design) (0601784000936): Aaron Bonk: Books

Get this it is a good book should answer most your questions. It is a easy swap going from auto to manual is a pain you will have to swap pedals out.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:23 AM
Rsporty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem solved!

I love how car guys stick together!

A local shop is gonna let me use a bay and help me do all the work AND only charge me what I can afford - NOT MUCH! AND, we're gonna do it this coming week.

I traded parts off the Intgra for almost all the rest of the parts I will need.
And, I found the a/t to m/t tranny mount that I need on e-bay for $70, shipped and it's on it's way.

Now, all I still need is the a/c bracket from a Del sol Vtec or '97-'01 CRV.
If anyone has one, pretty cheap and will ship it, PLEASE, let me know.

Thanks, for your time and input, people. It really is greatly appreciated!