Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

D16Y8 swap for B18C OBDII help

Old 01-21-2010, 08:02 AM
dshep6687

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D16Y8 swap for B18C OBDII help

I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX with the D16Y8 in it and I am about to swap it for the GSR motor. I have heard a lot off different things that I need and some people say I need stuff then others will say i don't. The swap I am getting comes with the engine, transmission, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, down pipe, fuel rail, throttle body, vtec solenoid, distributor, alternator,starter,A/C compressor, power steering pump, injectors, spark plugs, oil pan, valve cover, midshaft, the ecu, wire harness, and sensors. to do the swap what else if anything would i need? and what troubles might i run into?

Last edited by dshep6687; 01-21-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:58 PM
slomofo

You've got everything you need except for the rear transmission mount bracket, often times referred to as an "L" bracket.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:43 PM
RaceNLive

This is exactly what i was looking to do to my car. I also have a 2000 honda civic ex and want to swap the motor. Where are you ordering your motor from? do you know if it is a reliable place? I just want to make sure i get my motor from a reputable place. sorry for the questions. Are you switching your car from an auto to manual or was it already manual? I have to switch mine over to manual so it involves a few more parts.