Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

INspyral!! Need help fast!

Old 03-11-2003, 11:42 AM
civicon19s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INspyral!! Need help fast!

Hey man whats up again? Heres the deal...
Im trying to get this ****ing car ready for daytona in a week... The welding shop called me today and said that they couldnt do ANYTHING with my chipped block (oil pressure sender).. So my question to you is, what should i do??? Is there anything i can use to try and fill in this hole myself??? Jb weld or something like that maybe? I am very desperate and dont really have the time or money to do another engine swap.. Im still trying to get rid of the old b16 i have on the back porch! God i am SO mad!:madfawk:
Old 03-11-2003, 03:57 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could use JB Weld, since people use it to seal turbo oil return fittings, and it holds up fine. Although, there isn't much pressure in the return fittngs, except that due to gravit, and your oil pressure sender location typically sees anywhere from 30-90psi, so that might be a problem in the future. I would say if you absolutely have to have it running, then JB Weld should be an adequate temporary solution. I would have it taken care of properly in the future, since I don't know how well JB Weld stands up to pressure. In any case, I would make sure the JB Weld has ample time to cure before trying to crank the engine over. You have an extra B16? Is there a reason why you can't just swap that block in? I would do that, if it's a viable option.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:42 PM
civicon19s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, but its obviously NOT worth the time of putting the head back on and everything and still have a major oil leak down the road. Also, the b16 block sitting on my porch has bad rings in cyl #1 as i could not get the compression to come up on it ! Also, the cylinder walls appear to be pretty glazed and dont have hardly any crosshatch in them. Im actually selling the b16 head off of it now. Basically im looking to just slap a b16 obd1 or b17 block in. Im so pissed.. a perfectly good motor down the tubes because of an oil pressure guage!! This is a real mess and im now going to have close to $800 in this guage if you factor in the cost of a new engine block Is the rotating assembly out of the b17 even worth selling? what should i pay for a b16 block? Im not interested in doing a frankenstein at this point due to lack of time and funds..