Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Rpm Guage Not Working Right

Old 02-09-2003, 11:02 AM
JDM-B18C-2KHB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rpm Guage Not Working Right

My freind has a USDM 98 honda civic hatchback CX (final assembly in Canada), he bought a usdm 99-00 civic si cluster, the clip for the rpm part in the back, clipped right in.... but the rpm wont register??? whats up? the needle SLOWLY floated up to, and is now floating between 4 and 5 grand, the rev of the motor has no affect to where the needle goes, and also when we turn the car off the needle stays between 4 and 5 grand. help me out guys.

secondary problem is the speedometer needle is shakey, during normal operation the speedometer needle seems wobbly or has a shakey effect whenever decelerating or accelerating. anyone has this same problem before or knows how to fix it please give some advice.

also when the car is warmed up, whenever you drive and come to a stop, the idle will drop real low and the idle will be real rough for like two seconds then it will either die, or idle back to normal. is this have anything to do with the problem??? thanks guys
Old 02-09-2003, 11:12 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the tach is bad, but I don't know of a way to check it.