Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

del sol d16z6 with civic d15b7 linkage & other problems

Old 05-13-2009, 07:15 PM
ohdav3y
del slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default del sol d16z6 with civic d15b7 linkage & other problems

hey whats up , ive recently started converting my del sol to a manual and ive hit a few problems. I took the stuff (like the pedals n stuff) off of a 92 civic 4 door (sedan) and ive got it all together, tranny on stuff and ive found out that the shift linkage ive got is about 4 inches to short ? not sure about 4 inches but its too short lol

so basicaly im just wanting to know what shift linkage i can use or do i have to magically find d16z6 del sol linkage some where , keep in mind i live in north dakota, i know theres a dohc del sol (pretty much just the frame) in a junkyard here but that doesnt help , maybe someone wants to trade b16 linkage for d16z6 linkage? lol

and on another note on the inside of the car i need the metal shift boot thingy that looks like my picture , the one that came out of the civic (92-95 the one in the picture) is not the correct shape

does anyone know where i can get a del sol metal shift boot holder or del sol d16z6 shift linkage .........or possibly know something else like crx or integras that will fit?

Last edited by ohdav3y; 05-13-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:51 PM
IanB
MB4

Del Sol's have shorter linkages than Integras/civic, you need to find a Del Sol specific linkage. Avid sells one for B-swaps, not sure about D-series though, maybe check them out.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:56 PM
ohdav3y
del slow

okay, im not gunna know till tommorow or saturday if the del sol in the junk yard here has the linkage, if it still does im guna grab it even though its for a b16 and offer it up for trade for the d series del sol linkage , maybe somone doing a swap will want to help me out or something...
Old 08-22-2009, 12:20 AM
ohdav3y
del slow

well i know no body reads this but i thought if someone was interested, i went to the junk yard and found that the del sol there had the linkage but it was cut with a plasma torch ....so i asked the junk yard owner and he said "oh yeah i cut that lets go look at the tranny" and we looked and the other two parts were still connected to the b16 transmission, so now i found a cheap b16 tranny for whenever i do that swap lol (soon if i could get some cash) , then he went on to say "yeah i sold that motor for 400 bucks" !!!

anyways i bought the linkage, welded it back together and it didnt fit still lol but hey 5 bucks to find out b16 linkage doesnt work on d16z6 , totally worth it lol

now since then ive bought a blue del sol with a wrecked front end and now i have a ton of extra stuff, unfortunatly it has the d15b7 so it has a p06 ecu and im looking for a p28 manual one cause i have the auto p28 , but other than that ive got my d series linkage and misc vents i had but were broke plus a huge autometer tach with shift light lol

the cluster was the one that redlined earlier so i didnt swap that

i got the center thingy from my earlier post and ive recently bought racing headers, they've turned purple and look so ballin

idk like i said just doing a little up date incase some one was interested lol

i have del sol parts if anyone wants to buy em just message me with what you need or something lol
Old 08-22-2009, 12:29 AM
ohdav3y
del slow

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/u...lbackround.jpg

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/u...lsolballin.jpg
Old 10-29-2009, 01:14 AM
ohdav3y
del slow

Take A Look At The Difference Between A Del Sol Shifter And A 92-95 Sedan Civic Shifter
there both stock so if looking to do a stock short shifter conversion
instead of skunk2 or something hit up a del sol or.... me?

Last edited by ohdav3y; 10-29-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:22 AM
ohdav3y
del slow

i also traded my steelys , 4 extra winter tires, and 2 15inch tires for some white tenzo r rims with a chrome lip (garbage tires the treads good but they rubbed on the preivious owners civic so there like dead on the sides of the tires)
i think it was quite the deal... Do you guys think it looks good or is it a Fail? my freinds think they look totally haggard cause i had stock HX rims on it before
and i shredded the stock clucth out of the civic sedan , i blame VTAK lmfao so now my car has a excedy oem style clutch ..sweet

Last edited by ohdav3y; 10-29-2009 at 01:23 AM.