Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Need some serious help with DPFI to MPFI conversion!

Old 04-10-2009, 09:55 AM
compfreak2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some serious help with DPFI to MPFI conversion!

I just converted my 89 DX hatch back to MPFI PR4 B18A1, I got the motor to run good with starting fluid it has good spark and timing, but no fuel. The ECU is throwing code 16 for fuel injectors. I tested the injectors resistance and they are at 2.5 ohms which is fine, I tested the resistance to the resistor box and every line is about 7 ohms which is ok. I tested the power going into the resistor box and its about 12 volts, I tested the voltage going to the injectors at the injector plugs and it tested fine (fluctuation between 0 and 2 volts) The voltage is only there when cranking the motor which is normal, Is there something I have hooked up wrong? I followed the directions from the DPFI to MPFI write up that I got off of here, and I also printed a pinout for DPFI to mpfi and everything looks good. all my tests look good, i pulled the rail up with the injectors and visually inspected the injectors when cranking and they open up once all at the same time and spray one shot of fuel when I first start to crank the motor then nothing, and voltage still exsist the whole time while cranking. I reset the ecu a couple times and still the same problem. any suggestions? the ecu was throwing code 8 for tdc sensor like twice but the tdc sensor tests fine with my multimeter, resistance is fine there. i was going to start pulling parts to test them in a running integra if nobody has any clues. i also double checked my fuel pump, pressure and my motor grounds and everything looks good. i dont have a damn clue to why it wont put fuel to the motor.

Last edited by compfreak2002; 04-10-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What distrubutor are u using
Old 04-29-2009, 09:55 AM
compfreak2002

thanks for your reply, it was the distributor, I got the 92 OBD 1 and that was the problem, i threw my obd o on there and it ran fine. Im having problems with my IACV and my temp sensor, I replaced them from the junk yard and it still idles wrong, it lopes like hondas do, and it still throws the same codes for IACV and intake temp sensor, would a bad O2 sensor make the idle lope cause i know that is bad too
Old 05-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do u have the iacv and iat plugs mixed up? If so It can damige your ecu pop the cover and look for burned up stuff.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:40 AM
compfreak2002

I checked the ECU and nothing looks burnt up, The IACV and IAT is hooked up right. I reset the ecu and It isnt throwing any codes. Im gonna try to set the timing again and see what happens.

Last edited by compfreak2002; 05-12-2009 at 12:37 PM.