Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Si cluster swap too dim

Old 03-29-2009, 09:11 AM
filiperuvian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Si cluster swap too dim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, i've tried searching here and on HT but i'm stumped. So here's the lowdown, i've got a 2000 HB(CX model). I just bought an SI clusterand installation was a snap i did it at the seller's house and it only took a few minutes. Drove it home from L.A. all the way to the victorville area, and the rpms,mps,fuel lvl and temp working flawlessly. Biggest issue is that it's just not bright enough, even with the dimmer cranked up to max. I also bought a new battery , and the guy at kragen ran a test on the alternator- it's still in good working condition. does anyone out there know what could be causing this? i did notice that my harness only had 3 plugs available, but the cluster's got 4 spots. I've got the 2 top blue plugs, and a bottom yellow...the one i'm missing is a green plug. would that be the cause? other than this issue everything runs fine seems like.

http://www.honda-tech.com/album.php?...ictureid=19834
http://www.honda-tech.com/album.php?...ictureid=19832
pics were taken in my garage, all the lights were off, and i turned up dimmer to max...as you can see it's probably nowhere near max brightness.

Also, i unplugged my alpine ida-x305 to see if it could be an illumination wire problem...still nothing. i also watched the head unit for any auto dimming when switching the headlights on but it didn't make a difference-checked the fuses as best i could they seem to be ok.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by filiperuvian; 03-29-2009 at 09:14 AM.