Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Good place to research ex. internals, motor swaps

Old 01-13-2003, 08:08 PM
EGteknikhatch
Team Teknik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good place to research ex. internals, motor swaps

So I am going the root of the b16a2, and I was wondering a good place to find out infor. on different setups internally on the b16a2.

Or if personally you have info. for me. Anything will help. I'm just curious as to what is out there for me to buy. thanks
Old 01-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

what do you want out of your motor?

don't say you wanna rev to 10k high comrpession and boosted.

what is your realistic goal for the motor.

the posibilities are almost endless.
-----
Old 01-14-2003, 09:54 PM
EGteknikhatch
Team Teknik

Well starting off I am just going to put new pistons, rods, rings (maybe) or shall i take another root, I don't know yet. I want to build the motor completley before i put a turbo on it. I just need some guidance as to where to start with building it up. Also, do you think that I should buy the b16a2? Or save up and get a b18c1? Opinions.....
Old 01-18-2003, 09:19 AM
92b16vx

For turbo,I'd suggest starting with the B18B,lower compression to start and decent power,torque till you get the turbo.If your going to wind up staying all motor than definitly go with the 16 or 18c1.The 16 is a increasingly underrated motor as everyone seems to be going with the 18's,but the fact that the fastest vtec's at the track are mostly B16A's,that tells you something.Ok that isn't far there are alot of 18's at the tracks too,and they do have nice around town pull.So I guess what I am saying is it boils down to what you can get and how much you want to spend.