Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Where to get an 05 Si chipped?

Old 02-11-2009, 08:03 PM
PacNW05Si

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get an 05 Si chipped?

I'm in Beaverton, OR and I want to get a performance chip for my 2005 Civic Si 2.0 liter and would like to have it done at a shop. Does anyone know a reliable tuning shop in the Portland area to take care of this? Also can you recommend which type of performance chip would be the best for a reasonable bump in horsepower (15-25hp) and gas mileage (2-4mpg)?
Old 02-12-2009, 03:06 AM
gingas

I'd say google or search button. Not to sure for the 05 Si. I've had my 1 gen B16 chipped only because a automatic ecu came with my swap by accident. BTW mine is a spoon program.
I would also check your local speed shops. Try passwordjdm.com or where I got mine from who did my swap JDMCARS.COM
Good Luck
Old 02-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

a "performance chip" isnt a good idea. generally you have no idea what's programmed in the chip and it'll make your car run like crap.

if you want to be able to tune the engine for better performance than your best and really only solution for a k series engine is hondata
Old 02-19-2009, 12:28 AM
brandanintegra

Originally Posted by Snoopy
a "performance chip" isnt a good idea. generally you have no idea what's programmed in the chip and it'll make your car run like crap.

if you want to be able to tune the engine for better performance than your best and really only solution for a k series engine is hondata
ok it real depends on whos tuning it cause i had to chip my ls vtec ,but dont buy a ebay chip an ur right about hondata, ide go with k pro
Old 02-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by brandanintegra
ok it real depends on whos tuning it cause i had to chip my ls vtec ,but dont buy a ebay chip an ur right about hondata, ide go with k pro
a chip tuned for the engine is totally different from those one size fits all chips you see floating all over ebay.