Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

del sol- no power

Old 10-05-2008, 11:13 PM
the0ne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default del sol- no power

Hey guys I'm posting for my buddy who has a 97 del sol. its a d16y8. hes been having an on going problem that no one can seem to figure out. the whole time hes had the car the engine lights been on for the o2 sensor. he replaced it with a univ then a honda one with no help. one day it just started running terrible sputterin almost like it was a little out of time but if that were the case it wouldnt have gone away unless it was set. he changed the head, plugs wires, full dizzy, fuel filter, he had an aftermarket header he took off didnt change anything, both of the o2 sensors, and a compression check. my opinion is it has to be somethin with spark cause its not runnin like its outta gas or anything just like its got a filed plug. if anyone has any suggestions at all please post any help at all is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Shameinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would check your catylitic converter. Does it have the three way cat? if it does then it has probably gone out. The reason it runs like crap is because the air flow is constricted. Thats what happened with my honda and thats my guess.