Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

New Engine Technology

Old 12-10-2002, 05:08 PM
seth90dx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be sick if you could buy an aftermarket kit and do it to a honda!
Old 12-10-2002, 05:15 PM
seth90dx

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
Actually, even that first idea you had would be pretty hard to pull off. Consider industrial air compressors. A 40 gallon compressor at 135 psi will bleed down to zero guage pressure in about 8 minutes of continuous use without the compressor working to counteract, and that's through a 1/2" ID hose. You're talking about feeding a 5x mm throttle body, with enough volume to produce positive manifold pressure while the engine is trying to pump air through itself anyways. I think I'll stick with turbos, they weigh less
Yea, so a 20 gallon into a 5x manifold would do ya about 30 seconds @ 50 LBS of boost!

My original "IDEA" <---- The one I posted at civic land and got laughed at for, was to have a small compressed air tank.... Like a 10 gallon with a rapid flow rate, and a BIG ASS turbo setup....
There for you could actualy get boost at lower RPM's.... The way I see it (correct me if Im wrong... Nicely) Is if you had a big ass turbo you would need alot of exaust to spool it right? So if you push air into the motor from the small compressor then it would creat more exaust at a higher velocity @ lower rpm's... Thus creating spoolage of masiveness :naughty:
Old 12-10-2002, 05:32 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

It would be simpler to have the air nozzle in the exhaust manifold and push directly on the impeller of the turbo. I would suggest an electric air compressor to eliminate air bottle filling.

There is a rumor that Nissan is going to be using electrically assisted turbos on the next GT-R. Essentially electric motors in the turbos speed them up in spooling when there is a rapid increase in throttle pedal angle detected by the drive-by-wire. No complicated auxiliary compressors needed.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:34 PM
seth90dx

Dammit! Every time I come up with a cool idea some one stole it and modified it before I thought of it!