Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Deep Engine Wisdom

Old 11-14-2002, 08:10 AM
-KangaRod-
Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deep Engine Wisdom

I've just had several brainwaves...

1) Could you use the 87mm pistons from the F20C in the K20A2?
2) Could you use the 87mm pistons and the Cylinder head on the K20A3?
3) Could you use the Cams from the F20C in the K20A2 head (it uses the same valve springs...
4) intake manifold, header etc etc...
Old 11-14-2002, 09:53 AM
taylormadem5

Yes you can put pistons from any motor into another motor just have to bore out the cyl. if there is enough cyl. material to bore out.NO you cant put the F20 head on a K20a block, one uses a timing belt, the other uses a timing chain. and they also spin the oppisite directions so the cams, vtec sylinoids ect are gonna be on the wrong side. Sorry to bust your bubble but what you wanna do is a no can do its like putting a Kseries head on a Bseries block, it just dont work.
Old 11-14-2002, 10:57 AM
-KangaRod-
Captain

no worries, it was just a thought. What about the cam thing though? I know they are different engine series, but I heard the K-series and F20C are very similar.
Old 11-14-2002, 12:56 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

I don't know of anyone who has tore into a K-series enough to answer that cam question, but I would imagine you wouldn't be able to. Valve springs are one thing, cam and head castings are another.

As for the pistons, a couple things come into effect besides just bore size. Depending on the stroke length and the rod/stroke ratio will tell you whether the piston skirt is too long or not. If it is, then you would have to look into having the piston skirts cut to length.
Old 11-14-2002, 01:03 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would also need rods of the appropriate length, with small and big ends of te appropriate size.