Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

How Much?

Old 10-31-2002, 08:39 PM
seth90dx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Much?

This may sound lame... But, how much could you posably spend on a B16A swap, FULLY built ALL MOTOR? Twm throtlebodie, the works! I mean everything you could posably do to the thing. Estimate...
Old 10-31-2002, 08:56 PM
taylormadem5

Depends on how FAR you wanna take it. For an all motor set up check this site http://www.importbuilders.com/block.html
$3050 for just the block with this setup
Iron Sleeves for total strength and durability
IB Spec Wiseco Pistons, JE pistons, or Arias Pistons. You choose!
Eagle Rods or Probe Rods
Bore, Hone, Hot tank, Deck (if nec)
Balanced Crank
Polished Crank
All new Bearings & Thrusts
All new seals, and Oil pan Gasket
New VTEC oil pump
New VTEC water pump
LS/VTEC Oil line Kit with all fittings
Compressions come in 8.4:1, 9.8:1, 10.5:1, 11.8:1, 12:1, 12.5:1

Price: $3050 Shipped.

For a built head its $650+ $2525 for this head
"IB Spec" Head Package: $2525 + shipping/handling
Comes with "special" Portflow head porting, valve train with Portflow inners, Ti retainers, new valve seals, hot tank, resurfaced, stainless steel black nitrided valves, with dowel pins drilled for LS/VTEC. This is a special job, done for Import Builders only. Also included are Skunk 2 cams and STR cam gears. Talk about killer horsepower. We have three all-motor street cars at 240+ WHP. What about full race cars, you ask? Well, we sponsor one with 280+ WHP with the above setup. You want the power, you go with IB spec. **Core required.
** Import Builders can supply you with a bare B16A head that is in excellent condition for $650 if you need it. These heads have never been milled and are cleaned thoroughly. These are not old junk heads you get at junkyards. Clean and gone over completely. GSR heads are definitely more, but too rare to sell individually.

so your at $6100+ for the block and head you also need a tranny. You can pick an ITR tranny for $1500-$2000

So for Engine and tranny your at $7600, and then whatever bolt ons you want, i.e. cam gears, pulley, plug wires, FPR, header, intake, intake manifold (skunk2 or JG edlebrock).

You could easily spend $10k on an all motor engine
Old 10-31-2002, 09:02 PM
seth90dx

This does not include labor.... Im just trying to get a real estimate so I can set a goal and fullfill it! Im the type of person who likes to go all out at once, I dont want to build a mild b16a and then end up paying for more and more mechanic hours as I add ****... I want to save the $$$ and do it ALL!
Old 11-01-2002, 08:15 AM
seth90dx

So... Say I save up $15000.... And I build a 1.8** B16A ALL MOTOR, how much WHP are we lookin at? Also It probably wont smog? So how would I smog it?
Old 11-03-2002, 02:08 PM
taylormadem5

Originally posted by seth90dx
So... Say I save up $15000.... And I build a 1.8** B16A ALL MOTOR, how much WHP are we lookin at? Also It probably wont smog? So how would I smog it?
1.8L B16A ?? are you talking about a stoker engine?
Anyhoot READ THIS LINK, it will tell you the WHP for the engine i just told you about http://www.importbuilders.com/cratedmotors.html
those are all complete motors, you dont have to put a thing together other than the engine in the car. you can get 225 out of a 2.0L ALL motor engine.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:10 PM
seth90dx

They have a motor under BLOCK PACKAGES part#0023 that says 1.8** B16A!!! Its called the "KILLER" Think it might be a GSR bottom with a B16A head? Anywho its like $3000!!!
Old 11-03-2002, 05:46 PM
seth90dx

BUT!!! THis is the "ONE"

Description: "The All Motor KILLER" Package. 2 Liters.
**SMSP Header included in price.
**Portflow Designs Head Package, designed by Import Builders, only available to public through Import Builders. (This head package is not available through Portflow, only IB)
Includes:
new axles
shift linkage
ECU
wire harness
stock mounts
complete motor
Tranny included (B16A or GSR)
This is a KILLER total rebuild package for those of you that just want to be super fast. This package includes Import Builders completely revamping the motor. Sleeved block. Tranny with Honda LSD. New IB Spec forged pistons 84.5MM, new Probe rods, knifed crank, balanced crank, new bearings, new oil pump, bigger injectors, new fuel rail, new water pump, new timing belt, new alternator belt, new IB Spec valvetrain, new race cams, cam gears, Mugen chipped ECU 9500 RPM rev limit OBD1, new Clutchmasters light flywheel, fuel regulator, gauge, Hondata Stage 2NN, Injen Intake, "Special" intake manifold, Import Builders custom head package, 68MM TB, new valve seals, new head gasket, new valve cover gasket, and new CM Stage 4 clutch with new bearing. VTEC tranny with LSD, shipping included. When you get this motor package, you will not need anything. It comes with new oil, new filter, and the new radiator hoses with clamps. Just install it, break it in, and tune it.

Options:
Turbo package: no custom header, no intake, no big cams. IB "Killer" Turbo kit Add $2500.
Individual Throttle Bodies: add $1200.
Tuning options: Have us install, break in the motor and tune it, here!! Then we ship, you install, and that's it. Go race! $1500. Comes with Hondata tuning, of course.
Estimates: 220-250 HP at the wheels. (We have seen as high as 246, same build)

Price: est. $12,000 shipped Depending on car and HP desired.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:48 PM
seth90dx

I am also startin to think I should go with forced induction! I meen if I am going to spend an assload of money, I might as well get all the HP I can right? what do you think?
Old 11-03-2002, 06:01 PM
taylormadem5

For FI you may wanna go with a Procharger supercharger http://www.procharger.com/honda.shtml its a small turbing SC so it probably wont have much lag. But its built to be spun to high RPMS like most prochargers are meant to be. Its a much better SC than the Vortch and it will probably be the same price and give you more hp with that set up than you will know what to do with, have fun.