Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Distributor Issue

Old 09-02-2007, 01:14 PM
RavynX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Distributor Issue

Hey all. Long story short, I was driving, got engine code 72 (cylinder 2 misfire). When I was diagnosing it the car stalled and it wouldn't start after that. That's when I found out the following after removing the distributor cap...

http://ravynx.net/integra/pics/repai...sted%20003.jpg

I replaced the cap and rotor, and it was still cranking over but not starting. So here I am now wondering if it's the Ignition Coil or something wrong w/ the parts in the distributor.

I am getting a very very weak spark from the ignition coil. I tested this by connecting one end of an insulated wire to the ignition coil and the other end to a ground on the engine block. It's a weak spark and you have to bring the wire very close to the ground source to get it to spark.

I measured the resistances on the coil, but I have no charts to compare those values to. Would anyone happen to know the resistance #'s for a 2000 Integra GS-R (b18c1) ?

http://ravynx.net/integra/pics/repai...esistances.gif

Last edited by RavynX; 09-02-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Accord_Freak
Think Fast

hi Chris!...
Here some info: Between a+ and b- terminals, resistance should be 6-8 Ohms at 68f or 20C...

Between a+ and coil tower, resistance should be 12 800 - 19 200 Ohms at 68F or 20C...

Hope it help!

Frank
Old 09-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Accord_Freak
Think Fast

I think with your resistance at 0.9 Ohms between a+ and b-, you are under spec. replace the coil ...!