Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Engine Harness Question

Old 07-14-2007, 11:20 AM
TonyBoneKhang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Harness Question

My friend is running a 99 Civic HB DX chassis with a 97 H22 in it. I'm trying to help him out but I don't know too much about swaps. From what he says he's having problems with the vtec not engaging. He's had a couple of guys look at it and they've determined that he's running the DX harness with a chipped P28. They've tried manually wiring the VTEC and it still won't engage. They've also tried swapping the chipped ECU with other Dohc cars and the VTEC won't engage in any of them. The ECU from another car with the VTEc engaging still wouldn't work in his car as well.

It seems the easiest thing at this point would be to swap out the harness and have the ecu inspected/rechipped. What harnesses are options for this setup? Do you guys have any other ideas as to what could be happening?
Old 07-16-2007, 12:00 PM
18crx
stock booster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if they wired the vtec manual and it wont turn on then take the soeloid off and clean it or its bad.
another check is to touch the power to the soenoid to a 12v source. with the engine off you should hear it click.