Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

enging swap

Old 07-06-2007, 06:28 PM
hachacker5024

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default enging swap

okay so i just got finished putting a 93 b18a in my 91 ls, the car does not want to start it will run for 5 seconds then die, checked everything that could be the problem, now here is the thing the 93 motor wiring harness had different connectors so i didnt use that one i used the onld harness from the old motor everything plugged up find expect for one sensor that is located on the back of the motor right near the oil filter, so i said heh maybe i can get away without i since the 92 motor didnt have this sensor and the 91 motor did there was no where to put it so i left it unplugged just would crank, hooked it up and now it will start then run at like 200rpm then die, i dont know what the sensor but i have a feelin that it is the crank sensor, not sure, but it has 2 connectors on it that are prongs. any help would be much appreciated.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:52 AM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure as to what your problem is but i'm almost positive it has something to with that one sensor not being plugged in.