Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

spray bar

Old 04-10-2007, 05:48 PM
ls_on_boost
ls_on_boost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spray bar

spraying nos or co2 into the intercooler which is better and safer also tuning for it does it make the car run lean does it just cool the air that goes into the intake do i have to bump up the fuel
Old 04-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I wouldn't bother for a street application. If the car were a drag car, it would be a good idea.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:23 AM
ls_on_boost
ls_on_boost

it's just when i go to the track it will help with my times correct and as for the tuning does it make the car run lean does it just cool the air that goes into the intake do i have to bump up the fuel

Last edited by ls_on_boost; 04-11-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:41 AM
mberndt

Originally Posted by ls_on_boost
it's just when i go to the track it will help with my times correct and as for the tuning does it make the car run lean does it just cool the air that goes into the intake do i have to bump up the fuel
Cooler air is more dense, which will help to make more power. More dense means it has more oxygen molecules per unit volume.
This means that lowering the temp will tend to lean out the fuel mixture, as there are more oxygen molecules present than in the hotter air. "How lean" the mixture is, is determined by the temp difference.
Using spray means you are not simply lowering the temperature to gain power, but you are supposed to increase the amount of fuel in proportion to the amount of temperature change.