Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

B16a in a DC?

Old 03-20-2007, 06:40 AM
HeavyFooted
That's what its all about

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16a in a DC?

I had a question, cause my friend at work she is selling her ex boyfriends 96ish integra..dc2 right? for 2500$ It's a fixerupper, just needs a paint job.

It recently had a b16a put it, I looked the at the stamp on the block and her cousin who did the swap, stated it has the type r tranny in it. Shes selling it cause she has two kids. It also has dc header stainless steel with the stamp on the manifold.

She stated it pulls hard and runs strong, she is currenltly using it as her daily driver until she gets rid of it..

Good buy? or no?

I just want it as a toy on the side..and as a daily driver..i dont wanna put miles on my bmw..
Old 03-20-2007, 06:02 PM
FLAT_LINER
Ridin Dirty

why would he swap at b16 when theres already a b18c1/b in it?....you sure is a b16?
Old 03-20-2007, 06:07 PM
HeavyFooted
That's what its all about

Originally Posted by FLAT_LINER
why would he swap at b16 when theres already a b18c1/b in it?....you sure is a b16?
Blown b18b motor was replaced with a friends wrecked civic with a b16. I was skeptic but saw the engraving on the side of the motor,

I understand the d16 has less torque, then the b18 and the dc chasis is around 100lbs heavier. Besides those two things, would this be a decent ground work for 2500$?