Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Wierd idle problem tried fixing but stil there HELP!!!

Old 03-18-2007, 06:12 PM
VTecTuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd idle problem tried fixing but stil there HELP!!!

Hey guy/gals first of all i have a 1993 accord coupe which i just swapped in a dohc f20b SIR-T engine and in running it with a chipped P28 and uberdata 1.70.

Ok heres my problem ever since ive had this engine which has only been a month or so its always had a surgine idle itll surge between 1300-1500 at first i was using the stock 3 wire iacv that came with the engine and rewired it according to some instructions over at superhonda.com and it only worked once but it clicked like a mad man with a clicker pen and didnt throw any codes but had a solid CEL. So i shut the car off cause i thought i may have a bent pin in my chip and sure enough i did, I bent em strait and reinstalled the chip and fired her up and here comes the surging idl. I decide to call up a bud of mine and asked him if i could borrow one of his h23 plenums so i could use an obd1 iacv. So i went over and picked it up using my bros car cause i didnt want to drive 110 miles with mine anyways, so when i got back i installed it and right as i started it up it instantly had the surging idle so im thinking to my self the iacv is bad, So i decided to use the iacv off my old F22a1 engine, about 15 mine later i had it installed and started up the engine so i did so and it ran smooth....Yes finally fixed it or so i thought it stayd around 1200rpm for a few minutes,then slowly crept uo to 2kand once it hit 2k i herd a loud click from the iacv and the engine stalled, at this point im thinking this one is bad also so i orderd a new one and had to wait a few days for it to come in. When it did i installed it and started her up and again she idled normaly at around 1200 rpm and it slowly crept to 2k and once again i herd a loud click form the iacv but this time i didnt stalle out it dropped to around 200 or sp rpm for about a second then rose to 2k and repeated untill i revved it then it just started surging again.

A week later i went to my buds place and hooked up my Wideband O2 sensor and finally got to see how my cars been running and saw that at idle it is running ataround 35-38 a/f ratio WTF!!! i was running on an h22 base map but my engine has 290cc injectors instead of 340cc so we switched that and did a bit of tuning and got the car to run at around 14.5-14.8 a/f at part throttle and at around 13 at WOT and when i rev the car to 250 at idle itll smoothen out at 800 rpm and run at 15-15.4 a/f untill i tap the gas then itll start surging again.

also it does throw the iacv code14 still and thats the only code it thorws and right now i have a piece of cardboard as a TB gasket till i get mine tomorrow form honda

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causeing this???

thanks