Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Transmission fluid for Honda/Acura

Old 01-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Philixxj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission fluid for Honda/Acura

I dont know if theres already a thread for this topic. i didnt find it.. Anyways. i have a 1997 Honda Prelude auto.... and my lude is not shifting right... and i beleve i got to put some fluid in there.. i heard that it is best to use honda ATF. but i hear that i can also use Mobil 1 synthetic ATF. Amsoil ATF. or B&M trick shift ATF... i want to fix the problem as soon as possible..

another question... i just moved up to Delaware from Florida.. and its a major temp change for my prelude.. and its been acting up alot.. the transmision hasnt been itself ever since i moved up here... and if you guys reccomend me usinf the Honda Z1 ATF.. the nearest Honda dealer is in Maryland or near New jersey border line... if you guys recommend the other marketed branded ATF where can i get them at...
Old 01-15-2007, 12:11 PM
mberndt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Philixxj
I dont know if theres already a thread for this topic. i didnt find it.. Anyways. i have a 1997 Honda Prelude auto.... and my lude is not shifting right... and i beleve i got to put some fluid in there.. i heard that it is best to use honda ATF. but i hear that i can also use Mobil 1 synthetic ATF. Amsoil ATF. or B&M trick shift ATF... i want to fix the problem as soon as possible..

another question... i just moved up to Delaware from Florida.. and its a major temp change for my prelude.. and its been acting up alot.. the transmision hasnt been itself ever since i moved up here... and if you guys reccomend me usinf the Honda Z1 ATF.. the nearest Honda dealer is in Maryland or near New jersey border line... if you guys recommend the other marketed branded ATF where can i get them at...
Don't have Honda dealers in Deleware? WTF that is retarded... Oh wait, its prob cause they have no sales tax... :dunno:

The Honda ATF is just some regular brand that has been tested and proven to work correctly in the tranny. Honda doesn't manufacture transmission oil... So, I don't see why the others wouldn't work very well...

IMO anything synthetic, with the correct viscosity, should work. No matter if it has Honda stamped on the bottle or not.