Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

GSR Engine Problems

Old 10-31-2006, 06:15 AM
Thecargoddess
Fabulous Pie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR Engine Problems

Hey guys- I know I haven't posted But I'm going nuts trying to work out all the kinks with my new car and this is my biggest issue and any help at all would be aweome.

I have a 97 Gsr Stock Motor far as I know- Just cat back exhaust.

Any whoo- I realized I was hitting v-tec wrong and rev limiter too soon....Look at the ECU its a OBD1 single slam civic ECU with a Jumper so It will work with my car.

So I get a GSR ECU It throws the check engine light.
So I run the diagnostic- It's saying the crank position sensor and the air intake temp sensor I think was the other one.

So first question- The Crank position sensor-Where is it located- how hard to get to it, change it...etc...I've never dealt with one before.

Also when I first start the car It just Dies. Every time. I drive it like 100 feet and it's fine. It just won't stay running- at all...when I first start it.

Also once It's been sitting a while The Idle starts jumping around ..it dies down super low so the car almost dies.....This is with the Civic ECU in it...So i think that may be part of why it's doing it? Any thoughts?

I have a P72 i think it is...an OBD1 Jdm gsr ecu.....that I was gonna use for a LS Vtec Swap I was doing ...any how...would running thta ECU fix my issue cuz it won't ask for the sensor...?

Any help advise...any thing would be super awesome.....Thanks guys
Old 10-31-2006, 05:16 PM
t3t4delsol

so you had a p28 in first?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Thecargoddess
Fabulous Pie

Yes It's what I have in it right now. With a JUmper so it'll work. I also have an OBD2 gsr ecu- and an OBD1 JDM GSR ECU.....i have a few choices haha
Old 10-31-2006, 10:46 PM
95LSv
Banded

Is the gsr motor in a gsr, or is it swapped into something, I don't think you mentioned it h:. Did it run ok before you took the p28 out?

I don't know where the sensor is, but do download the helms manual for the 94 integra and you'll find it very helpful.

Here are a bunch of manuals:

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/

Heres the specific one you need:

Honda/Acura Integra (1994) Service Manual DB7, DB8,DC2,DC4 (37Mb PDF)

You need to sign up at the site, but its the same as when you signed up here. Hope that helps some...
Old 11-10-2006, 12:18 PM
mberndt

If you have a 97 GSR, then put in the OBD2 ECU, period.
Why did you buy it with all of the problems? Did it drive at all?
And, why did it come with an OBD1 P28 ecu in an OBD2 car? I'm lost...

Your car will die/won't run with the Crank position sensor (CPS) busted...
The ECU won't know what degree of rotation that the crankshaft is in, so it won't know when to fire the spark. Although this doesn't sound like it is the sensor, just some kind of problem you are having cause you don't have the right ECU...

Good luck!