Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Swap to A2

Old 08-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Turtal
Tha little K20 that could

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap to A2

Whats goin peeps? I've searched this site looking for sum swap threads, but couldnt find for the info I need. I have a 05 civic si thats brand new with like 11k on the motor. Im in iraq at the time for 7 more weeks woot woot. So i have a little change to spend so this is my plan for now. Gona swap to the a2 tranny ecu all teh goods. Then as soon as i put the money back gona boost with the CN stage 1 turbo. Guys are sayin to get k-pro but i wont need it once i boost bc the cn kit comes with the guardian that dosnt need tuning. But the cheapest ive found the a2 is around 4k under 20k miles on the motor, any one know of any cheaper? Also how much tunein should I do now if just wait till i boost? Was gona get the k20a but i wana boost and the a compression ratio is too high for boost. It wil hurt and kill the motor. Also how hard is it to put the motor?? Heard the swap is not bad bc there both k series motors but ya know. Please help Thanks
Old 08-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Turtal
Tha little K20 that could

Damn its like that no love.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:32 PM
dens_310

i dont think you should do that.... you already have k series engine why change to k20a2 just work to want you have i'll be the same thing... you can buy k-pro for your car... all we rsx have you can get too....

good luck..
Old 09-11-2006, 04:36 AM
k-series

I was pushing close to 300 whp with my CN stage 1 kit using Guardian. However, I reccommend using K-Pro for tunability.

Also, don't swap for boost. The A3 can hold it's own just fine.

If you swap, go all motor and do it up that way.

Steve