Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

boost with nitrous

Old 07-12-2006, 04:42 AM
ls_on_boost
ls_on_boost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost with nitrous

hi i got a 94 integra ls with a greddy turbo boostin 11 psi i have 450 intectors and a fuel pressure regulater i want to add my zex kit and spray a 50 shot when i install this kit do i have to up the fuel pressure regulater or do i leave it as is also i have ngk 6 what plugs should i use is it the higher the number is the hotter or colder it is also i'm thinking of installing it where my intercooler is is this to far from my intake will i not get that much out of it also tobefore i put this kit on i want my rich/lean quage to work i hooked it up to my ecu the white wire it doesn't read anything when i thouch the wire with my hand it reads i don't know it's grounded but it's not reading rich or lean if i hook it to the o2 senor is it the green or the white wire please help me out thanks
Old 07-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I wouldn't do that if I were you. Especially considering the fact that the internals are stock and you have had issues with proper tuning as is without nitrous.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:33 PM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
I wouldn't do that if I were you. Especially considering the fact that the internals are stock and you have had issues with proper tuning as is without nitrous.

Agreed. If you want to spray with boost, you're going to need something tunable, and forged internals.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:09 AM
2gr84u
2gr84u

agreed, you asking for trouble as it is boosting with nothing but that shitty atempt at fuel management, adding for nitrous would be the equivalent of driving the car with no oil, you WILL blow it to peices as it sits now, and if you dont know what your doing, you WILL blow it to peices with a built motor
Old 07-15-2006, 12:01 AM
ls_on_boost
ls_on_boost

my computer is tuned what else will i need to be tuned i want to use my zex kit just a 50 shot also the problem i had was the spark plug those shity platinum 4 i have ngk6s now
Old 07-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by ls_on_boost
my computer is tuned what else will i need to be tuned i want to use my zex kit just a 50 shot also the problem i had was the spark plug those shity platinum 4 i have ngk6s now
You should be running a 7 series heat range plug. The 6's are too hot for turbo and definitely waaaayyyy too hot for turbo and nitrous. You are going to need forged internals if you plan on using the nitrous. And if you did that, it would be less of a hassle to use a larger turbo to make more power instead of adding another tuning variable.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:28 PM
dubcac
I

Your computer is tuned? What kind of engine management are you running? If you just have an FPR and 450's your computer isn't "tuned." You need to offer up information like this before we can give you answers.