Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Wastegate problem

Old 06-22-2006, 10:42 AM
dsrspwr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wastegate problem

I have a turbo D16Z6 with a T3 turbo that was internally wastegated that I swapped to external. Since then I haven't been able to produce any boost. I've tried almost every vacuum line configuration there is, but no luck. I did some searches and saw that the typical way to run vacuum lines without a boost controller is to leave the top port open and run a line from a vacuum source to the side port. If I do that, what about the port on the compressor housing of the turbo?
Old 06-24-2006, 08:21 AM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dsrspwr
I have a turbo D16Z6 with a T3 turbo that was internally wastegated that I swapped to external. Since then I haven't been able to produce any boost. I've tried almost every vacuum line configuration there is, but no luck. I did some searches and saw that the typical way to run vacuum lines without a boost controller is to leave the top port open and run a line from a vacuum source to the side port. If I do that, what about the port on the compressor housing of the turbo?
you did do something to close off the internal gate right?