Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

turbo kit install

Old 03-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Wreckless96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo kit install

I have a EG with the d16z6. i have just bought a t3/t4 hybrid with front mount intercooler. I don't make a hole lot of money. and i am doing research on how to install it myself. so far it looks pretty easy, just time cosuming. the thing that scares me is the injectors the fuse box and tuning it. Infact i really have no idea how to tune it at all. i know that i can use a vtec controller to get me by. i was wondering if there is an easy way to install and tune. or instructions made easy to understand.

thanks for your knowledge
Old 03-23-2006, 10:18 AM
polakatl

Does it replace the stock injectors or add new ones? If it replaces the stock ones taking them out is a piece of cake.

As far as tuning goes you need something to be able to tune. Your stock ecu can't be tuned as it is.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:43 PM
silvic00

tuning is the most important thing dont be cheap when it comes to that...also the hack will work but i wouldnt trust it for a long time or during high boost...best thing to do is do some research and search various forums and topics for your install...good luck
Old 03-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by silvic00
tuning is the most important thing dont be cheap when it comes to that...also the hack will work but i wouldnt trust it for a long time or during high boost...best thing to do is do some research and search various forums and topics for your install...good luck
I agree. Tuning is the most important part of a healthy turbo setup, so you need to figure out that before you start on installing any of the parts. I recommend you find a local shop that tunes, get what they are most comfortable tuning, and then have them do it after the turbo is installed. Or you can join http://forum.pgmfi.org and do some reading in the Crome section, familarize yourself with the program, and then look into the hardware that you will need to get your ECU chipped and tuned.