Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

which cv boot do I need??

Old 02-22-2006, 01:42 PM
xpman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which cv boot do I need??

I tried to get some info on this in the CRX forum but didn't have any luck. It's kind of a hybrid problem. I've got a '91 CRX with a JDM b16a swap. I was told when I bought the car that the engine is from a '92 Integra. All of the suspension (as far as I know) is CRX except for the knuckle which is from a Teg. I've got a torn cv boot and I need to replace it but I don't know what boot to buy. To order them, they ask for the engine size 1.5L or 1.6L. I know it's a 1.6 but I'm not 100% certain that the half shaft is from a CRX. I'm guessing that since the engine and knuckle are from the Teg that the cv is also. It's possible that it doesn't even matter because a lot of the CRX and Integra suspension parts seem to be interchangeable.

Also, locally I've tried to buy 1.6L Integra parts but the 1.6L wasn't offered here in the states. If it is the Integra half shaft boot I need, will the 1.7L boot fit? Or maybe the 1.6L CRX boot??

The JDM b16a's are pretty popular so I'm sure I'm not the first one to come across this!