Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

V-AFC2 settings????

Old 02-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Azndude1983

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-AFC2 settings????

I've been messing around with my AFC2 the past few days and just can't happen to figure out the exact settings. The car keeps tripping around 3K rpm, sometimes pass that and sometimes less but never exceed 4k. My set up is T3/T4 XS power, using 450cc DSM. Please someone can help me on the settings. Throttle is currently set at: L: 10%, H: 50%. Other settings are followed as in the manual. Just confused on the V/T unmt, cont with all that Low and High cam crap.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:13 PM
1turbodc2
got boost?

why are u using a vafc to tune a turbo car??? tricking the map sensors is not the way to tune a turbo car, loose that vafc, and get a standalone, like a hondata/chrome pro/aem ems, and have it tunned, u won't have aany issues, and uw ill see more power gains
Old 02-21-2006, 05:40 AM
civic8u0702
Team Elements

I have a vafcII as well and my civic revs up high to. but my car did it ever sense my motor swap. one tip I can give you for power is; Turn your high cam off. drive your car hard 1st and 2nd gear and pay attention to where you feel the most pull in power. Drive it again and in second gear when you are at that point again press up to pause your vafc. look at the rpms and set your low to high at that. I did and man, talk about a gain.
Good luck

P.S. Dont mess with too many settings. if you dont know what you are doing you might blow you motor. Get in Dyno'ed
Old 02-22-2006, 04:16 AM
shivers
Moderator Alumni

You shouldn't be pushing buttons until you can actually tune the car. In the grand scheme of things, you may be doing more harm than good. I suggest you reset the VAFC and take it to a tuner/dyno shop that is familar with how it works.