Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

97 Civic EX SRS Light (HELP!!!!)

Old 09-16-2002, 05:54 PM
doctorvtec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Civic EX SRS Light (HELP!!!!)

I got a 97 Civic EX and my SRS light is on. I know everything is fine with the SRS system (long story), anybody know how to reset the SRS light on a 97? Dealer wants $60. Its gotta be easy, I have lotsa experience with swaps but don't know alot about the SRS system. Can anyone help?
Old 09-16-2002, 07:24 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's an either grey or green 2-pin connector under the dash on the driver side. That's the Memory Erase Signal, or MES connector. You'll need something to jump that with, preferably not a jumper wire, since you'll be repeatedly connecting and disconnecting it in a short amount of time. You can use bent paper clip or something like this:

*note: this is not the SRS MES connector, but it looks like this, except either grey or green*

1) Make sure the ignition switch is OFF.
2) Jump the MES connector with your hand dandy jumper tool.
3) Turn the ignition to ON(II, without starting the car)
4) The SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds and turn off. Remove your tool from the MES connector within 4 seconds of the light turning off.
5) The SRS indicator light will come on again, reconnect your jumper tool within 4 seconds of the light coming on.
6) The SRS indicator light will turn off again, remove the jumper within 4 seconds.
7) The SRS indicator light will signal that the memory has been erased by blinking two times.
8) Turn the ignition OFF and wait ten seconds.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:34 PM
AndrBryan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This works great on my 97 cl also, except the yellow jumper is plugged into a yellow plastic holster on the driver side just behind the underneath of the dash. Thanx