Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

only an idiot would have this problem..

Old 12-09-2005, 06:57 AM
bentley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default only an idiot would have this problem..

so, me and my girl were about to go on a long trip and i wanted to add some oil and tranny fluid into my 95 saturn sc2..well i had both sittin under the hood and i grabbed the tranny fluid and poured into the hole where the oil goes..i did notice it was the wrong color before too much came out, but i went ahead and changed the oil and the car smokes terribly bad..i mean it's so damn embarrassing..and i wouldnt hafta b drivin the damn car, but my dime is being bagged..also, i had my spark plugs and wires changed out yesterday..i'm wandering if the smoke has something to do with the spark plugs and wires maybe being changed or if its the tranny fluid on the valves or what?! any advice on how to fix would be appreciated!
Old 12-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

You probably fried your rings.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:44 PM
bentley

yeah, i guess that's what happened..the local shop said it needed re-ringed such bad news
Old 12-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by bentley
yeah, i guess that's what happened..the local shop said it needed re-ringed such bad news
Very bad news. Not a cheap job, either.

I would do a compression and leakdown test to confirm, but my best guess is fried rings.