Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Gasoline Direct Injection kit for B series motor ? ? ?

Old 09-10-2002, 05:20 PM
VtecApprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gasoline Direct Injection kit for B series motor ? ? ?

Is there any kit that can change a B series head to a direct gasoline injection one ? ? ? ? ? os is there anyway to make the B series head into a direct injection ? ? ?

ThANkZZ
Old 09-10-2002, 07:04 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is direct gasoline injection?
Old 09-10-2002, 07:31 PM
wadzii
fear the dark side

no
Old 09-10-2002, 08:03 PM
VtecApprentice

What is direct gasoline injection?
Erm . . there isn't any kit with this name actually. . . . its more of a technology if i'm not wrong Mitsubishi got the technology GDI which is to inject the fuel directly into the cylinder for the combustion . . . unlike the normal engine . . mixed the fuel with the air 1st before everything flowing into the cylinder . . .
Old 09-10-2002, 08:58 PM
wadzii
fear the dark side

direct gas injection isnt very practicle in a car. the gas dosnt get time to atomize with the fuel. the general rule when it comes to injector placement is the farther away from the combustion chamber you can put the injector the more power you will make. the down side is more emmisions. the only good thing about GDI is low emisions, not more power.

as far as i know diesels and 2 stroke jet ski's are the only widely used direct injection. both are 2 stroke and need the direct injection for emisions purposes
Old 09-11-2002, 12:41 AM
VtecApprentice

ThaNkzZ for the opinion ^_^ Because i've read from a article which says along the intake system, the air/fuel mixture tend to break down during the turning of the intake pipe . . . and there is also chances that the fuel will clump together to form droplets if the velocity of the mixture flow is slow . . . so i was wondering issit possible to inject the fuel directly into the cylinder to prevent all these So is what the article says true ? ? ? ?
ThanKzZ
Old 09-11-2002, 03:14 AM
wadzii
fear the dark side

true.... i forgot to add that part in what i said b4. the farther away you put the injector w/o running into problems of the fuel coming out of mixture the more power you will get
Old 09-11-2002, 07:13 AM
qtiger

You'll notice that on truly aftermarket induction systems, injectors are typically moved several inches away from stock location.

Here's TWM's ITB system:

Of course, with ITBs intake air velocity would be a lot higher. :dunno:
Old 09-11-2002, 08:21 AM
Sushiboy
Invincible dinner!

Yes, Mitsubishi does use a GDI system on several of their cars. The reason we won't see it in the US is because of emsissions. From what I understand, it is a LEV engine, but because the GDI, the engine runs hotter to burn the directly injected gas. Even though it produces less overall emissions, it still puts out more nitrogen oxide (I believe) than the US emissions requirements will allow. I could have my "oxides" mixed up, but I'm fairly sure that this is the reason why we don't utilize GDI yet in the States.
Old 09-11-2002, 04:23 PM
VtecApprentice

Originally posted by qtiger
You'll notice that on truly aftermarket induction systems, injectors are typically moved several inches away from stock location.

Here's TWM's ITB system:

Of course, with ITBs intake air velocity would be a lot higher. :dunno:
but if i'm not wrong . . these type of individual throttle body after market part cost a big big bomb . . . TODA oso got one individual throttle body which cost more den $2k . . . . if thats the case . . . do you people think that its worth it ? ? ? ? ?

Quick Reply: Gasoline Direct Injection kit for B series motor ? ? ?