Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Skunk2 or Crower

Old 10-22-2005, 08:31 AM
ntegr8td93

Location: Between Washington DC on the weekdays, and Richmond, VA on weekends
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skunk2 or Crower

i got a 93 integra LS with 2000 Civic Si VTech head. Crower crank, pulley's, gear's. AEM intake. Skunk2 headers and exhaust that i hate and plan on changing, dont know what to yet though. Just ordered the skunk2 intake manifold. I've also got the Hondata S200. Which valvetrain would be better? Crower stage 2 cams retainers and springs or Skunk2? I've heard Skunk2 wasn't great, but i was also told they were fine.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:03 PM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

Skunk2 is great for valvetrain, but IMO nothing beats Crower.

BTW, you shouldnt do any mods until you learn how to spell VTEC!
Old 10-22-2005, 11:04 PM
BlueShadow

If you are looking into a full valvetrain then look into other brands. I've heard 1 or two problems with Skunk2 valves dropping. not sure if it was installer error or if the valves are poor quality. I've also heard of a few bad things about Crower rods, and that alone is enough to make me scared to run their other parts.

SuperTech has really good springs, valves and titanium retainers. My engine builder said that SuperTech uses high grade titanium in their retainers, unlike other companies. Others use poorer quality Russian titanium, and those have a tendency to wear out faster.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:30 PM
ntegr8td93

Location: Between Washington DC on the weekdays, and Richmond, VA on weekends

Thanks, i had heard about the valve dropping and that was why i asked. i will look into SuperTech. And wow, didn't notice i spelled it like that. now i feel like a idiot!