Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Sneaky Ice Systems

Old 10-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Baseballj1j

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous questions and help please

1. These kits ive seen while scrolling through ebay have a little canister in which you put a pre bottled 20/30 shot little cartrige into a cracker like mechanism when you pull the trigger it cracks open the sealed bottle and blasts nitrous wherever you run the line. If it is as simple as sticking one of those cartridges into a cracker and pulling a trigger blasting a direct 20/30 shot right into my intake tube thats a blessing for me. But it seems to good to be true my question is are they safe and do they work.

2. And one more question on the manifold near the throttle boddie around back there are 3 ports for vaccume lines and one of them is just plugged up would it be safe to send the shot right into that port or would that not allow enought distribution time to make sure it reaches all 4 cylinders.

Basically i am asking if thats all there is to it, you just shoot nitrous into you intake pipe and thats it, there isnt any tuning with A/F ratios required or ECU tuning or chipping needed. I know what nitrous does and i know how the big more expensive systems work but do nitrous systems require any A/F tuning as well, or is at easy as just sticking a Co2 like canister(yah know the ones made for BB guns) filled with a 30 shot of nos and just fireing , please help me out on this before i try it and blow up my head,manifold seals etc.I have always wanted this car and i finally saved enough to buy one i just dont want to f it up ive only had it a month.- Thanks again

98 lude H22, apexi custom ram air intake-integrative h2o purge system,LSD converted atts, custom exhaust manifold heat dispension system, oil cooler