Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

b18a1 build questions

Old 10-14-2005, 10:36 AM
gjown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18a1 build questions

Ive decided not to do the ls/vtec because of reliability problems.So now Im gonna do a all motor b18a1 build. my question is, can I build this motor to do a 13-14 quarter mile time? Can I make it fast but still be a daily driving reliable car? Can I put jdm internals in it? The car it going in is either a delsol or civic eg.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:47 AM
b16ahybrid

What reliability issues are you worried about? A properly built lsvtec will be just as reliable as a stock gsr or ls. Cut corners you will sacrifice reliability.

I would build a high compression lsvtec set-up if you going for a N/A set-up. Add some headwork and cams and you should have no problem running 13's in a hatch.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:21 AM
EkcivicBeast

Originally Posted by b16ahybrid
What reliability issues are you worried about? A properly built lsvtec will be just as reliable as a stock gsr or ls. Cut corners you will sacrifice reliability.

I would build a high compression lsvtec set-up if you going for a N/A set-up. Add some headwork and cams and you should have no problem running 13's in a hatch.
how much do u thinkthat time will increase in a DA body??
Old 10-14-2005, 04:37 PM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by EkcivicBeast
how much do u thinkthat time will increase in a DA body??

With the same driver....maybe upwards of .5 seconds depending on your curb weight. I don't think a DA teg weighs much more then a eg hatch....probably still in the 13's....

It all depends on the parts, tuning and the driver, who knows maybe with the right set-up, you could be in the high 12's (w/slicks and some weight reduction)....

But I wouln't think a whole lot more.....maybe only 2/10th's??