Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

short ram intake

Old 10-09-2005, 06:55 AM
Hatchbak89
"hey flip that cow pie!"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default short ram intake

Thats what I bought, but I dont get how it works. Its in the hot enginr, so wouldnt it be pulling the hot air from the engine, I understand howCAI gets it cold air, from under the car, but how dous the short ram intake.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Hatchbak89
"hey flip that cow pie!"

bbbbbbbbump it up, I need help
Old 10-10-2005, 01:24 PM
RBailie81

Short RAM intakes are good at first start up for power gain and more air to the engine. however, your right, as your engine heats up then you loose some of the gain you first would have with a cold engine. It will still give you better mpg and a bit of horsepower than stock but a CAI doesn't get as much hot air from the engine. But then you also have to worry about water that might get sucked into the engine with a CAI. There really isn't a huge amount of difference a Short RAM and CAI make in the long run. Short Rams are much safer though, plus in my 01 accord coupe I have my filter pointed down at an angle where the old filter box used to be and there is a hole where a constant flow of cold air is comming in from the front of the bumper.