Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Motor sitting for months with no use???

Old 09-30-2005, 07:25 PM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor sitting for months with no use???

Hey fellas, im doing the ls swap into my cx with GSR tranny, i finally have enough for the motor and tranny from a place up here called JDM Engines INC. I figure might as well get from a place that imports only motors than a junk yard. Plus it comes with a certificate with leakdown and compression on all cylinders. My question is, that since i have the money now im always tempted to go spend it on other parts. If i were to get the motor now and put it in my shed for say...about 3-4 months until i get the radiator, ecu, wiring harness...etc etc would it be ok? Or should i just wait? In the shed it would be covered up away from moisture, but in freezing temps in the next 2 months. My plans are to get everything then right after x-mas swap.
They have i believe 6 b18b motors left, and 2-3 gsr trannies. Once they are out then they take about 4-6 months to get more they said (could be a sales pitch though)

As long as i know the motor will be fine sitting this long i can get it tomorrow, if you guys say i should wait...i guess ill fight the temptation and try not to spend the money (and yes its in the bank)
Old 09-30-2005, 07:40 PM
b16ahybrid

It'll be fine. I let me last car sit all winter without starting it (no point to drive it in the snow/ice) and would only run it during the summer. I would leave it as it is then do a tune up (as you should anyways) prior to install.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:18 PM
VPUPPY

its probably been sitting before getting to the states anyway, so you should be fine. make sure all the opening are plugged up and you should be good to go. make sure you change your tbelt and water pump before you install also.